Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The following are excerpts from a "snail-mail" letter received by Sister Cornwall's parents 12 March 2012.

February 15, 2012

Mom and Dad

How are you my darling parents? You two are such incredible examples, and I love you so so much. Oh, the things that Rachel is learning on her mission. Don’t worry mom, my companions are picking up the slack in letting me know what my weak spots are. Dad, I have priesthood leaders who are (trying) to pick up the slack in giving me wise counsel. But nobody comes close to the love and support you two have shown. We’re so blessed to have the gospel and to see the world so very clearly.

I also included a letter for Sarah. I love that girl. Our family is marvelous and THANK YOU for letting us have a big family. It really is a thing of God. Less than 6 children I think I’ll feel very empty.

I am so so grateful for this gospel. I love that I can have questions or doubts or complaints and I will always have an answer and that incredible peace can re-enter my life. What a beautiful thing is that peace that the Spirit brings. It is an incredibly precious thing. And I want EVERYONE to have the chance to feel it.

Tomorrow I’ll have 11 months as a missionary . . . And only 6 months left. Goodness gracious. What a great privilege it is. I am so grateful for my testimony and the security it gives me.

Love,
Rach - Sister Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment