Monday, February 13, 2012

Well, this week Sister Cornwall learned that you can be doing everything correctly, and still not be doing it all right. I say that because this week we taught good lessons, and met some great people . . . and had no results. Right! Wouldn't that be frustrating.

Well, I think it's because I was sort of doing things how I thought they should be done; that's the funny thing about life - David O. McKay said "next to the gift of life itself, the right to direct that life is the greatest of God's gifts." We taught a lesson to the son a recent convert, and he doesn't believe in God. Not really. That was interesting. This idea that the will of God takes away our agency - is something that bothers him. Frankly, I need all the help i can get. I feel like that's a good sign that you're doing what you should - because you'll see the little things happening, and what needs to happen will. I realized what a great calm we have or can have when we're doing what's right and trusting in this power that's so much bigger than we are. I understand what Jesus Christ did, but I wanted to feel it. I think I was waiting for this rocking sensation to guide my life . . . but that's not what it's about. This life is about simple people doing simple things in the best form possible. We found good people, but something else was lacking for them to continue. And that something could very well be my lack of selflessness and sacrifice and faith in these people. I Know that it's all possible. I know that it's possible when we are in harmony with the natural consequences of the laws that God has put in place.

I had some really great days of study - really learning and learning good things. Also, did I mention that the police have been on strike a couple of weeks - I don't think so. We have been coming home before it gets dark - but the police went back to work, and so will we. We need to put our heart into serving the Lord. I know that that helps. I have sincere desires to help these people, but frankly I think I forget that this isn't an obstacle course that I'm getting through alone, in a perfect way, but we always have phone a friend. and I haven't been utilizing that like I should. I am grateful for the testimony I have. What strength it gives me.

Have a lovely week,
love love love,
Sister Cornwall

P.S. Yes!!! and the name [Emary Sue] - what a marvelous name that girl has. I knew it was coming today. I knew it! That is so marvelous. Thanks for the photos.

I am doing well - got your package! Thank you SO much. Goodness sakes those garments are blessings from heaven. You are wonderful. I got the cards from the Primary and the news clipping. I'll try and write something to the ward and send it along. Love you so so much, Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment