Monday, November 7, 2011



Dear family and friends,

It was quite the week. I went to Salvador Monday night and arrived Tuesday for a training. We had pancakes and Burger King to show what a privilege it is. Suffice it to say I was feeling very small. But I'm grateful for the things I´m learning. There were a few events this week where I made errors. Misjudgments. But it´s a good thing we´re here in this life to learn. We worked hard this week, and we´re trying to put everything together. I´m grateful for this added consciousness to reevaluate how I act as a missionary and to get some things in line.
So, Sister C. Silva is my companion. She´s from the interior of São Paulo and she´s a dear. She is very calm and really is liking the work. I´m being a little tougher than I think I´d anticipated, but I just want her to learn how to work. I want her to see the beauty of this work, and the goodness of the Lord. I´m working out feeling the responsibility and turning more to Lord considering I no longer have a companheira older than I am to turn to.
I know that our Father in Heaven loves us. He wants us to learn and be better, and sometimes we need to struggle a little bit to arrive. We are hoping for a couple of weddings in the near future, which is great because it will lead to baptism.

How grateful I am for a Savior that literally gave His life. He wants to help us carry our burdens and He wants us feel happiness. This life is the time to work these kinds of things out. Also, I know the family is the way to make it happen. How grateful I am for my family . . . and for prayer, and the sacrament. This is the fullness of the gospel. It is good.

love love love,
sister cornwall

P.S. And your package arrived!!! with granola bars and post its. so there´s hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment