Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hey,

What an exciting week this will be for the Cornwall/Tirrell clan! That is so exciting. What great wedding plans.

This past week was really special. Suzana and Victoria were baptized Sunday morning, and it was such a special baptism. Suzana and Victoria are the mom and sister of Tâmara, a recent convert. Suzana has been in our group since I got here and has been battling to live the commandments. Every question in the interview was a victory for her. She worked so, so hard, and Victoria miraculously felt the desire to follow her mom and sister. Even if Suzana hadn't been baptized she would have been someone I would have missed terribly. She is marvelous. And this was one of the only baptismal services I actually got emotional. She got out of the font and just started praying and thanking God for getting there. She lost her job this week, and her brother almost tried to kill himself in Switzerland, and her neighbor's dog almost ate the Elders that did the interviews (life is complicated isn't it?) but she made it. It was a lovely day.

We had a good solid week meeting several marvelous people. Raymond went to church again (Bill Gates' cousin!) and he is so excited for his baptism on Saturday. He has smoked for 50 years, and stopped this past week. PRAY FOR HIM! It'll be another really nice weekend.

Sister Smart and I are laughing all day. It's so fun to be around her, and I feel like we are going to be able to do LOTS of marvelous things in the next four weeks. I am excited to just keep going steady.l

I will be full of lovely positive thoughts on Friday for our dear family, and I know that the Lord's power really is on the earth to seal families forever. I am studying Acts in the Bible - so interesting. It's true that the church of Christ never changes. To have read Our Heritage, and then Acts, it's like reading parallel stories. I know God never changes. He is both logical and faithful, just and merciful. I read in Alma 34:15 that the intent of the Atonement of Jesus Christ was so that He could show mercy; it wasn't JUST to serve justice, that wasn't the point. The purpose of all this was so that WE could receive endless MERCY when we qualify ourselves. Cool right?

a MARVELOUS WEEK!!!!!!!!!

love, love, love,
and more love, love, love for Jeff and Reesa (soon to be my newest sister!)  I am thrilled. Everyone congratulate her and tell her she is marvelous, because I know she is and that my brother is a wise and lucky man.

Sister Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment