Monday, August 13, 2012

HERE WE ARE... THE END

This past week was a correria [foray, race, gallop, hurry, tumble], we were truly just running around, showing the area to Sister Petersen, buying things, visiting less actives, packing bags, cleaning the house - we lost two days of departure preparation, so it was pretty rushed. But we made it to Salvador [to know why Sister C. was in Salvador see p.s.] (we almost had to leave Sister Lima behind because she forgot her ID, but we're here) and now it's just a few little days here in the beloved Bahia. I love this place. It truly has become terra sagrada [sacred land] for me. Jequié was so special because of all the miracles that have happened. It was a little shocking to come back to Salvador, say goodbye to Sister Lima (until tomorrow morning), and be in the big city again. I feel so grateful for how peaceful Jequié was, just a glorious dedicated time. So nice.
And last night was so good. We had planned a surprise honorary festa for Sister and Elder morgan (music, flowers, a video slideshow) but those sneaky members of the Jequié branch did a total switch-up, and surprised me and Sister Lima with presents, and letters, and a cake, and music, and such. Goodness gracious, I have never felt so grateful. What they have done was already enough (aka - letting the gospel of Jesus Christ make them into better people and such, that is the true happiness of a missionária) but then they went and made us all cry. Patrícia was the worst. Even in the first meeting at church yesterday morning, she was all teary. Even João Pedro started to cry last night. Sister Lima and I really served Jequié with ALL our heart, might, mind and strength. And Jequié felt it, and returned the favor.

Sister Cornwall is playing the organ in this photo. (From the Morgan's blog)

This week will just be taking care of a few final things, and then we go. I am so grateful to have been able to serve my Redeemer. It was so sacred. I am a different person. I know the gospel of Jesus Cristo works, it transforms us and brings a greater peace and happiness than we are capable of imagining.

love love love,
Sister Cornwall


p.s. Well, here we are, the end, mom. I do feel so blessed. This past week was pretty brilliant. I've never loved two women more in my life [Sister Lima and Sister Petersen]. We hardly slept because we were chatting, and having sleepovers, and pushing the beds together. . . it was really, really nice. I'm actually in Salvador right now because I had to renew my visa. Sister Lima and Sister Pete all came, and we have a few days to kind of, just spend time in Salvador.

[Upon my return to home] I think my only priorities are temple, and eating salads. My digestive system could use some normalizing - so just good delicious healthy food - you know me, I haven't changed that much....

... Oh, the gospel brings so much happiness. It is incredible. I love you both so much. Love, Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment