Monday, December 12, 2011

Merry Christmas . . . quase [nearly/almost],

We had a great -though confusing- week last week. We were a little thrown off because of the changes, but it was a good little week. We worked Monday and Tuesday - without too, too much success. Wednesday we had P-day and a great activity in Morada Real with the zona. We had a water balloon volleyball toss! Fortunately it was pretty hot, so it was nice and satisfying. It was super, super fun. We have grown so close in this zone, and unfortunately several people are leaving (I´m staying - hooray!) and that´s kind of sad to see things breaking up, but that´s the way it goes. Wednesday we found a great family - two of the kids have already gone to church one time, and they are really great people. They took a little trip, but we´ll talk to them tomorrow. We have so many great people that are getting close to make promises with Heavenly Father, but we are going to have to work incredibly hard to get everything worked out, but I´m feeling excited.

Anyway, Wednesday all the Sisters got together in one apartment. We had a little sleepover, but didn´t end up sleeping. The bus was supposed to arrive 2am, so it wasn´t even worth trying to sleep. Unfortunately it didn´t arrive until 4, and then from 4 to 7/8 ish, our dear Elders decided to sing . . . every hymn, every primary song, and every mildly appropriate other music that they all knew. It was ridiculous. But we arrived and had a great day. We had a little breakfast, talked with all the other missionaries that we haven´t seen in a while, which was GREAT. It has been so fun to gradually get to know other missionaries and to be able to have the chance to catch up on how they all are. We had a talent show (in which we participated, and I have a video, but you´ll have to wait a little bit to see it.) It kind of lasted forever and was full of every little mission music, skit, etc. But it was great. We had a grandiose lunch, and then watched the Christmas Devotional (which was unfortunately when those hours of singing and not sleeping hit me.) And then we had a little program where we all read the scriptures from the Book of Mormon and the Bible and sang the hymns. It was really touching, and then quick testimonies about the Savior. Sister Vecchi had prepared little gifts for each of us, and then we got on the bus again. We came home around midnight, and hit the sack. We had reuniĆ£o de distrito [district meeting] Thursday morning. Everyone was pretty dead. But the great thing about being inadequate is that it gives the Lord more opportunities to help you out, and that is great. I felt so strongly love for my Savior, and gratitude for this time, and for my family and for everything that we have to be grateful for. Suffice it to say, I sort of LOVE Christmas. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

We are going to work a lot this week, and I´m going to try and live out as many Christmas traditions as I can.

I am so grateful for the power of the Atonement to help us out even with silly things like being tired, or feeling anxious to start a new transfer. Our Heavenly Father is very kind.

love love love,
Sister Cornwall

I got your PACKAGE. And I opened it. I put the presents under our little tree, and I put up the decorations and I think you guys are great. Thank you. Also Dad, I loved the pictures of our house. Thank you. And mom, oh how I wish I was in your seminary class. You are incredible. And as far as Christmas Day, I think we´re about 5 hours off (daylight savings, etc) but I think that maybe 5/6 [pm] our time 12/1 your time would be good [to call]. And I´ll get the Skype/gmail details from our member. Love you guys! Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment